Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Children's Fathers Day Blessings!


My two children wrote me these notes on Facebook.
Words like these make the whole fathering journey so worthwhile.
Thanks so much Thea and Reuben for these words.
God is the ultimate Father and He will continue to father us all the days of our lives.

I love my dad

I love my dad because he laughs with me
I love my dad because he reads books and talks with me
I love my dad because he inspires my mind constantly with new ideas
I love my dad because he challenges me
I love my dad because he believes in me
I love my dad because he always sees the best in me when I'm at my worst
I love my dad because he always pushes me to aspire to greater heights even when I don't see the good in myself
I love my dad because he loves me in spite of pain
I love my dad because of the many sleepless nights he has spent staying up for me
because of the many evenings he's spent walking and praying for me
because of the many late night calls he has entertained
because of the many moments in my room or in the car where he has sat down and provided a listening ear
because of the many nights when he has put work aside to lend me his counsel
because of the many times he has trusted me, respected me, loved me,
even when i never deserved it
because he answers my calls in the middle of meetings and even when he's halfway across the world just to show me that family is more important than anything else
because of the many years of holding my hand through every turn in life
and yet finding the courage to let me go when i needed to be let go
for always making me responsible for all my decisions
and for teaching me what it means to be an adult in the process
but most importantly,
for imparting to me the gift of loving God
and for teaching what it means to love wholly, sacrificially and unconditionally

I love you pa, Happy Father's Day.

THEA SONYA RAMAN


Pa,

You are truly an awesome dad to me, in every single way.

Looking back on the 18 and a half years of parenting me, I'm eternally grateful to have a father like you.

To me, you're my role model.
You're my inspiration (sounds like a song huh..) You're someone I really look up to.

Not many son's look up to their dads.
But I'm really proud to be your son. I really mean it.

You indeed are a man rich with so many ways that make life so meaningful.
You model for me, what it means to be a man, how a guy should act and behave and how a man should be in his perspective to life. And for that, I am so grateful.

Although most of the time, I may seem quiet and stuff, but unknowingly (to myself even),I know i am picking up the character traits that you posses..

As a Father, I know you intentionally rub off deep values and principles for me to learn.

In recent times, I have learnt a lot from you. I have grown so much in attitude & character.

And its all because of your effort in fathering me, together with God's grace and mercy, that has made me who I am today.

I would like to thank you, for all the times, you allowed me to speak up my views and also voice my opinions.

And also, giving me a space and freedom to share my thoughts on things without me being mocked at or scolded or whatsoever.

I thank you too, for the millions of sacrifices you have made for me and the family.

By nature, I am a very sensitive to people's need. And I know and feel for you when you make those sacrifices and I deeply appreciate it when you make them.

As my father, you have taught me countless of lessons. Lessons that would make my life so much more meaningful.

You indeed have left a legacy by being a family man.

I also appreciate you, specifically in guiding me in managing relationships.
I feel so supported in this area, and you have indeed taught me many many things and helped me see things that I could not see by myself.


I know I have said this before and I will say it again, "Pa, you're my role model for what it means to be a man of God and in what it means to be a Father.

I would definitely want to be a man like you or even better.

I love you a whole lot!

Happy Fathers day!

Your one and only son,

Reuben Shaun Raman
21/06/09