Monday, April 02, 2007

God's Love - It's Unbreakable!



I am in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, writing this. I just finished doing a church camp here. The past weekend was another wonderful deluge of God’s love. God’s presence in the camp was evidently strong. Personally, I felt God near from the time I stepped into the plane to Sabah.

This morning, as I looked out into the South China Sea with my Bible at hand I was led to read from Romans chapter eight and again there is another picture of God’s marvelous love. I read and reflected and felt a warm fire light up my soul.

Romans 8 verse 35, "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?" Paul asks the rhetorical question, "Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution or famine or nakedness or peril or sword? Just as it is written, For your sake we are being put to death all day long, we were considered as sheep to be slaughtered," that's taken from Psalm 44.

Paul says, what's going to separate us from the love that God gives us in Christ? I mean, we're being put to death all day long….and Paul lived on the brink of death constantly. He was always being considered as a sheep to be slaughtered by somebody who wanted him dead. That was his pattern of life. Is that going to separate us, he asked? Tribulation, distress, persecution, famine, nakedness, peril, sword?

Then verse 37, "But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who...what?...loved us." You see, this is his personal experience of God's love. Paul says I've been through tribulation, God didn't stop loving me. I've been through distress, God didn't stop loving me. I've been through persecution, I've been through famine, I've been naked, I've been in peril. I've stood on the edge of the sword, I've been through all of that and I can tell you, in it all the one who loved me never, ever, ever, severed that love. "And so I'm convinced...verse 38...that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, or things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

The thing I learn about God's love toward His own this morning is that it is unbreakable, inseparable, unconquerable and ever lasting love. It never fades, it never wavers, it never wanes, it never grows cold and it never changes. God loves us with an everlasting love. Get it deep into your soul today – God loves us with a love that will never die, never grow cold, never diminish, never fade. It is unlike any human love. His love is like the vast ocean – it will always be there. It never will dry up. No sun will cause that volume of water to evaporate! The waves will crash into the shores day in and day out. Unless God ordains it, the waters will never separate . Nothing can divide the ocean .

God loves His own with an everlasting love that cannot ever be broken. Never! If the devil were to whisper to you otherwise, shut him up. Shout out loud to your soul – God’s love to me is unbreakable. He loves me till the end! And let your soul be filled with His love. You need His love flooding your soul today.