Friday, August 24, 2007

Standing In His Council




S
cripture
"I did not send these prophets, yet they have run with their message; I did not speak to them, yet they have prophesied. But if they had stood in my council, they would have proclaimed my words to my people and would have turned them from their evil ways and from their evil deeds" (Jeremiah 23:21,22).

Observation
God isn't concerned about the prophesying. He is however, when they do it of their own accord. God desires that His word to be spoken, but first to be sure that we have stood in His council.

Standing in His council... this is crucial to anyone who yearns to be used by God. Without it, our actions can morph into becoming a religious ploy for attention, control, and prominence.

Standing in His council... it's meeting with God every morning to catch His marching orders, to once again connect with His heart and to sense His Spirit. It is allowing Him to recalibrate anything that is going astray. It is the slight corrections that must be done daily that will keep me from going over the edge.

Application
I choose to stand in His council daily. I cannot afford not to. I am beset with too many weaknesses, and I am far too frail to go without His council. I would surely fall.

Several weeks back, as I stood in His Council, I heard the Lord say to me to bring 2007 to a close with two campaigns in the church that will ride the wave of doing the simple unusual in our midst. First was the Blessing Your Health Campaign and the second, the BlessingONEthousand campaign.

In the Blessing Your Health Campaign, the goal was to make Agape visible to the community as an Oasis of Healing. So we will run a Healing Booth at the Lantern Carnival and Special Healing services in both the English Services and the Chinese Service on Sept 30th.

In order to get all geared up for the healing campaign, we started the first of three Healing Clinics last night, to equip those who will pray for the sick at the Healing Booth and the Healing Services. We had 25 people. And we had such an engaging, interactive time of learning together. The Lord was present, which was evidence when we prayed for the sick amidst us.

The point I am making is this: when you act on what God tells you as you stand in His council, you will see His favour and His power working on your behalf.

Prayer
Father, I cannot afford not to stand in Your council daily. I know well my weaknesses. I know how susceptible my heart can be at times, and unless I stay in your council, I will teeter. Please draw me near. I will not be able to stand without Your favour and power.