Monday, September 17, 2007

Everything Is For Learning.


Scripture
Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; worship the LORD in the splendour of his holiness. Psalm 29:2

Observation
King David was a God-possessed man and so he could be God-taught. It is not quite possible to know what kind of educational advantage David had, - whether he went to the premium schools of the day but we may safely assume that he had not much of what we now call formal education. Yet he has taught millions and after the passing of centuries he still keeps school and teaches divine poetry, deep theology and the art of pure worship to all who have ears to hear.

True, David may have been watching sheep when he should have been in the classroom. However, he was a student all his days, and neither the care of his sheep when he was a shepherd nor the burden of the nations when he became a king kept him from the purest and noblest of all studies - the study of God. He sent his heart to school to the Most High God, and therefore he knew Him so that he could instruct others in the ways of God.

Application
Am I a serious student of God? Am I a life-long learner of the ways of God? Am I taking everything that is happening in my life and turning those situations into a classroom of lessons where the Spirit of God can tutor my soul to know God? If that is true, then there can be no circumstance in my life that is there for nothing because everything God allows in my life will be there for my learning.

Prayer
Teach me something of the splendour of Your holiness, O God.