Thursday, January 01, 2009

I Love Jesus!

To some people, it may sound so cliche. To others, it may just sound so ordinary. But from the bottom of my heart, I tell you I do. I love Jesus. I have walked with him for 36 years now and I love Him more than ever before. I woke up this new year morning. I didn't feel I was at the top of the world but one thing I felt deep in my soul - I felt it deeply and I felt it strongly: I love Jesus.

And as I say it, I want to make clear what I mean:
I admire Jesus Christ more than any other human being I have known.
I enjoy his ways and his words more than I enjoy the ways and words of anyone else.
I want his approval more than I want the approval of anyone else.
I want to feel his closeness more than I want to feel the closeness of anyone else.
I feel more grateful to him for what he has done for me than I do to anyone else.
I trust his words more fully than I trust what anyone else says.
I feel more secure with him than with anyone else.

Would you pray with me that in 2009 we would love Jesus Christ more than we ever have?