Thursday, January 08, 2009

What was so great about 2008?

What was so great about 2008 that I would cling to it as I go into 2009? Some things. But not many.

What was so great about me in 2008 that I would cling to it as I enter into 2009?

What was so great about my habits and patterns and priorities and time allocations in 2008 that I would cling to them as I go into 2009? I'm seeing a pattern here.

What is it going to take for me to change in 2009? Are opening the Word, meditating on scripture and memorizing verses too high a price to pay? Is taking some risk too high a price to pay? How about untried newness? Are they really that bad?

Is there any law in Singapore or internationally that forbids me to become a new man in 2009? Any verse in the Bible? Anything in my church's by-laws? Anything of any authority anywhere?

Why stay the way we are? The power of the resurrection is in the world today. We don't have to die before we die.

In 2009, Christ welcomes all who want to live again. He invites us to experience His Second Wind by acting justly; loving mercy and walking humbly with Him (Micah 6:8). He calls us to live fully by choosing to live passionately; love completely, learn humbly and leave boldly.

I can be a new man in 2009. You can experience untold renewal in 2009. Let's take the journey together.

You can read the sermon summary for the message on the last Sunday of 2008 "The Promise of The Second Wind" here.