Tuesday, November 27, 2007

When The Young Are Drowned!




S
cripture
"Then the LORD answered Job out of the storm. He said:" (Job 38:1)

Observation
Five abled, strong lives was snuffed out by the waters in the Cambodian Dragon Boat Tragedy. What a loss. Why such a loss? It's as though God remains silent for a period of time during seasons of difficulty, the tough times when we need God to speak, comfort and rescue us from the frustrations that come not knowing why such a loss.

But the Lord is faithful to answer although His timing may just not seem to be the same as ours. God stayed silent in the case of Job - amidst his many losses - wealth, health, children. But...the Lord eventually spoke to Job out of the storm.

Application
There may be some overcast over our lives when the things that happen around us confuse us. It is at such times that we must cling to His Word, so that we can avoid the threat of taking our mind off of our hope in the Lord.

This morning, at Dawn Prayer, I led the people to pray against pre-mature death among our nations gifted and talented youths. As the people prayed, I heard God's Spirit speaking to my heart. Here is the Lord again, answering me in the storm. These are refreshing, renewing words - He is always so faithful! The Lord said:

  • Listen carefully to My voice and don't allow the "bolts of lightning and thunder" of the situation distract you.
  • This storm, any storm is meant to side swipe your thoughts, heart and hope in Me. Fight the good fight of faith and keep your mind renewed according to My Word.

P
rayer
Okay Lord ... I'm coming out of my journaling time, asking for Your strength to listen carefully and not be distracted. Help me to obey You in thought, word and deed. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to You. Thanks for being a faithful Rescuer! Lord, watch over our nation's young; keep safe the youth in your Kingdom and protect and preserve our children that they may live to see their children's children for Your glory.